Our industry moves fast and is consistently making the news with new and innovative technology. Below are the most recent news articles from around the world.
- As the U.S. shuts down, StockX’s business is booming, says its CEOStockX, the high-flying resale marketplace that connects buyers and sellers of sneakers, streetwear, handbags and other collectible items, has seen its fortune rise along with the $6 billion global sneaker resale market, which is part of the broader $100 billion sneaker category. In fact, the company, which was assigned a ... read more
- John Borthwick & Matt Hartman of betaworks discuss coronavirus adaptation strategiesYesterday, I had the pleasure of hopping on Zoom with betaworks’ John Borthwick and Matt Hartman to discuss the tech world’s adaptation to this new locked-down world, the future of new media and answer questions from the audience. We discussed whether new media companies can raise capital right now, ... read more
- Rocket startup Skyrora shifts production to hand sanitizer and face masks for coronavirus responseOne of the newer companies attempting to join the rarified group of private space launch startups actually flying payloads to orbit has redirected its entire UK-based manufacturing capacity towards COVID-19 response. Skyrora, which is based in Edinburgh, Scotland, is answering the call of the UK government and the NHS to ... read more
- Duke University uses vaporized hydrogen peroxide to clean N95 face masks for reuseWith shortages of N95 face masks persisting nationwide, healthcare facilities are scrambling to find ways to clean and treat the masks for reuse to protect doctors and nurses most at risk of exposure to COVID-19. Duke University thinks it has found a solution using vaporized hydrogen peroxide to decontaminate ... read more
- Attract, engage and retain employees in the new remote-work era