Our industry moves fast and is consistently making the news with new and innovative technology. Below are the most recent news articles from around the world.
- Why Dropbox shares are soaring after it reported earningsHello and welcome back to our regular morning look at private companies, public markets and the gray space in between. This morning we’re digging into Dropbox’s earnings report (Q4 2019), and why its recent financial performance and plans for 2020 are making the storage and productivity-focused SaaS player shares soar. ... read more
- Equity is not always the answerHello and welcome back to Equity, TechCrunch’s venture capital-focused podcast, where we unpack the numbers behind the headlines. This week was a fun combination of early-stage and late-stage news, with companies as young as seed stage and as old as PE-worthy joining our list of topics. Danny and Alex were ... read more
- Where top VCs are investing in manufacturing and warehouse roboticsRobotics and automation tools are now foundational parts of warehouses and manufacturing facilities around the world. Unlike many other robotics and AI use cases, the technology has moved well beyond the theoretical into practice and is used by small suppliers and large companies like Amazon and Walmart. There’s no doubt ... read more
- Volocopter extends Series C funding to $94M with backing from logistics giant DB Schenker and othersAutonomous air mobility company Volocopter has added to the Series C funding round it announced in September 2019. The German electric vertical take-off and landing (eVTOL) aircraft maker announced €50 million ($54 million at today’s exchange rate) in funding at the time, and the C round has now grown ... read more
- Loon and SoftBank’s HAPSMobile team with Airbus, China Telecom and more on stratospheric cell networksA new industry alliance led by Alphabet’s Loon high-altitude balloon technology company and SoftBank’s HAPSMobile stratospheric glider subsidiary aims to work together on standards and tech related to deploying network connectivity using high-altitude delivery mechanisms. This extends the existing partnership between HAPSMobile and Loon, which began with a ... read more