Our industry moves fast and is consistently making the news with new and innovative technology. Below are the most recent news articles from around the world.
- Flipkart doubles down on rewards program, partners with 5,000 retail outlets in IndiaFlipkart on Monday launched SuperCoin Pay that its customers will be able to use across thousands of retail stores across the country as Walmart-owned e-commerce giant bets on its loyalty program to win and sustain its user base in the world’s second-largest internet market. The Bangalore-headquartered e-commerce giant said it ... read more
- Personio raises $125M on a $1.7B valuation for an HR platform targeting SMEsWith the last year changing how (and where) many of us work, organizations have started to rethink how well they manage their employees, and what tools they use to do that. Today, one of the startups that is building technology to address this challenge is announcing a major round of ... read more
- Startups at CES showed how tech can help elderly people and their caregiversThe COVID-19 pandemic shined a harsh spotlight on the challenges many elderly people face. Older adults are among the highest-risk groups for developing cases that need hospitalization and nursing homes were especially vulnerable to outbreaks. While dealing with COVID-19, the elderly have also faced many other problems, including the difficulty ... read more
- Signal and Telegram are also growing in China — for nowAs fears over WhatsApp’s privacy policies send millions of users in the West to Signal and Telegram, the two encrypted apps are also seeing a slight user uptick in China, where WeChat has long dominated and the government has a tight grip on online communication. Following WhatsApp’s pop-up notification reminding ... read more
- UK’s Bloom & Wild raises $102M to seed its flower delivery service across EuropeBloom & Wild, a London-based startup that takes an updated and online approach to the very traditional business of ordering and delivering flowers, has seen business blossom in the last year. And today, it is announcing a big round of funding to help it double down on the opportunity ahead. ... read more